08:30 - 09:30
09:30 - 09:50
09:50 - 10:30
10:30 - 11:10
Developing and embedding effective policies and procedures for lone workers
- Best practice on producing effective paperwork - what needs to be in and what can you leave out.
- Policies, Procedures and Guidelines - what is the difference?
- Communicating your messages - how to engage managers and lone workers to achieve buy-in.
- Embedding the policies and procedures and assessing their effectiveness in the real world - how do you know it's having the desired effect?
Nicole Vazquez - Director of Worthwhile Training
11:10 - 11:30
11:30 - 12:10
12:10 - 12:50
12:50 - 13:50
13:50 - 14:30
14:30 - 15:10
Understanding different types of 'physical confrontations' and your appropriate responses
- Understanding Reasonable Force - case, criminal and European Law on the subject of managing the risk of physical violence and aggression
- Edged weapon awareness and dealing with extreme situations - Options for staff and an introduction to the national decision making model.
Doug Melia - Director of Defend UK
15:10 - 15:30
15:30 - 16:10